Empower Network is one of the big players in the ‘making money from blogging markets’. An online business that you can definitely run from home. But the question is, is Empower Network the right business for you?
I will show you everything I have researched about them below.
But if you want to get started with building your own online business right now, click here to find out more
Company Name: Empower Network
Website URL: http://www.empowernetwork.com/
Cost: $25/mth basic, $100/mth inner circle, $500 Costa Rica Intensive, $1,000 15K Formula, $3,500 Master’s Retreat
My Ranking: 2.5 out of 5 stars
What is Empower network all about?
These are the big boys, they boast a following of 155,000 individuals and businesses who use their services worldwide. In a nutshell what they provide is marketing training and services for anyone from a start-up businesses, including home based individual businesses, to fully functioning enterprises. This is in the form of six marketing and software products which you are able to use to varying degress based on your membership package. The main aim of the network is UPSELL.
Let me explain…..
Who is it for?
As the business model is similar to a Multi Level Marketing scheme you need to be good at selling. Maybe not face to face, but you need to be aggressive with your tactics and not feel shy about approaching people. The most successful people are the real sellers, the hard nosed marketers.
So how do you earn money with Empower Network and how does it work?
You have to find people, via your marketing strategies, to sign up to the program, and they are encouraged to work their way up the membership structure, paying for more training, software and tools as they go along. You will get commission on the training / membership level they purchase BUT ONLY (and this is KEY!) if you purchase that level yourself. So if someone below you buys level 6 (as outlined below) and you haven’t bought it, then you don’t get commission on that. Phew. I hope that’c clear! This is a complicated structure which does lead to confusion and there are other more simple ways to earn out there with other training programs.
Empower Network Viral Blogging System – The Kalatu blog
You purchase a membership package (detailed below) and at the very basic level this gives you access to the Kalatu blogging system which is the heart of the program from which you run your business.
- This is blog that is set up to run right immediately and is quick to set up. It’s created to be optimised by search engine searches, and to help novices create a site that is friendly to both search engines, you to use and your site visitors to browse.
- You can choose from a few blog designs, an attached SEO tool which pinpoints within your text exactly what needs to change to bring it right up there in the search engines and attract the largest volume of customers.
- A ‘viral sharing muscle’ which seems to suggest that content will be easily shared to many potential clients on social media etc, but it isn’t really clear what this is.
- In addition, a commenting system in house which shows the search engines that your site is being interacted with.
So this is the very basic package, and then you can add to this depending on how much you want to spend. There are several different membership levels outlined below and the way that it actually works:
Getting Started – the Membership Structure
You have to go through each of the steps below to progress up the ranks. As you can see it does add up!
- Starter membership: $25 per month, and you get the Kalatu blog and very basic level training. You would really need to know what you are doing to be happy with this level. Included is training in the principles of running an online business, plus a few additional extras, such as some back office tools. This level is required before you can access anything else. At this point you should consider other starter memberships which offer a FREE service so at least you can try before you buy.
- E-wallet – you will need to pay $19.95 monthly in order to receive your commission $19.95
- To join the motivational inner circle you would need to add another $100 monthly fee (additional to the payments above), it is considered that this is essential if you really want to make a success of your business. This is a collection of audios with key team members and owners talking and providing inspirational information. This is something that you are able to get commission on when someone you have brought into the program buys this package, too, but only if you have bought it yourself.
- The Costa Rica Mastermind Incentive – One off fee of $500. This includes some advanced marketing strategies that help you approach your leads in a specific way, and make the most of your content.
- The 15K formula – One time payment of $995. This is a long term training teaching you to be very specific about your customer targeting and getting quite technical with some serious marketing techniques.
- The Masters Retreat – one time payment of $3,500
- There is a huge infrastructure there behind you so you know the products work
- 130,000 people can’t be wrong?
- There is real potential to make some serious profit, but you have to be one of the few very dedicated people. Have a look at the Empower network top earners in the Empower Networks income information, to see where you think you could fit.
Before you read this section, I just wanted you to know that I have written this from personal experience, so it might be a little biased…
- Before you can try the product you are asked to give in your credit card details and start paying. I don’t like that. There isn’t enough information provided for anyone to do that, so it’s a real leap of faith and it is really hard to work out exactly what Empower Network is and how you make money. As I mentioned already there are other, far superior products out there on which you can start for FREE!
- Once you are in the network its all about selling to the members. Upsell is the name of the game and to be honest, it’s really quite irritating. It feels like you never quite get enough for you to succeed.
- The ethics of the members of the scheme is really questionable. People are so desperate to make money by selling to you, that it becomes sometimes a little threatening and the marketing strategies used can become really underhand. Thank goodness it’s only online! Spamming is rife, so much so that Facebook banned EN links!
- You have to pay for a card to be paid. Yes, it’s $20 a month you need to shell out in order to receive your payment card. This takes this program close to a pyramid scheme rather than an MLM as far as I am concerned. Very underhand I think, paying to get paid. This isn’t mentioned upfront.
- The list of payments you need to make in order to ‘succeed’ is never ending. You just can’t seem to get there.
- The amazing fancy blog that you are sold is really quite archaic and you are seriously restricted. And it is still owned by Empower Network. Its not truly yours even if you wrote the content
- The blog advertising on it is heavy and limiting, and the number of themes to chose from is very small. The best blogging platform out there is still WordPress and always has been, you have real ability to add whatever plugins you like and chose from thousands of themes. . And you can get one of these for free without all the ridiculous charges.
Stay away! Seriously.
I started this review trying to be open minded, but by the time i reached the drawbacks the memories of the ethics of the people within the business and the money I lost was overwhelming, and that’s why this list is the longest.
There is alot of hype out there and some really clever marketing of the actual business itself, but as a first indicator, always be wary of something that you are not allowed to try for free and that requires payment upfront. It’s not a very welcoming start that’s for sure.
Any questions on this review, I would be more than happy to answer them below. Good luck.