Can you make a living forever with Forever living? See what I did there? So what is Forever Living and is it a scam? I am going to delve a bit deeper and see if I can get to the bottom of this program. They have been running for over 30 years, so they must be doing something right, wouldn’t you say? Let’s have a look and find out…
Name: Forever Living
Website Url: https://www.foreverliving.com
Cost: no membership fee, no joining fee, no obligation to buy
My ranking: 2.5 out of 5
How does Forever Living work?
The key selling point about Forever Living is their products. They have a range of beauty and health products including skincare products, and wellness vitamins, they even have some products for animals. Strange crossover, you don’t want to get those mixed up! So what is so special about their products? There is a special ingredient in each and every one of their product lines – It’s all about the Aloe Vera in forever living products.
Forever Living is a Multi-Level Marketing Program. It is a completely legitimate business that you cannot call a scam. However, I wish it were as straightforward as that. Although it might not technically be scam, it doesn’t mean that you can make money easily this way. The main thing to point out is that is Direct Selling. It is about selling face to face, and whether you are happy to do this should be a huge part of your decision on whether this is the business for you?
Let me show you some more information:
So how does Forever Living work? In its most simple form, it is selling to your friends and family. You get them to buy the products from you, you host parties and ask them to invite their friends. Your family and friend not only buy the products but they like them so much they want to join the program under you and sell the products to their friends and family. And this is how you grow your network. Have a look at the video. It’s quite dull to watch but it does give you all the information on the technicalities of how it works if you are really interested. Do I make it sound tempting?!
FLP 360 Forever Living
Something that is newer to the business is the FLP360. This is essentially an online portal which allows you to see how your business is performing. It gives you an email address and it allows you to build up to 4 websites. Sounds great? But that’s it! There is no training to teach you how to drive customers to your site. So its all very well but with websites its never a case of just ‘build it and they will come’. You need to know what you are doing! You are left on your own on this one.
My belief is that as it is focussed on direct selling, the online part is reallly supplementary rather than a way to drive business, but my question is, when you run out of friends to invite to your parties, where are you going to get your customers from if you don’t know how to drive them to your business. This is why 95% of people fail with Forever living in the first year. Shocking huh!
Who could be a Forever Living product distributor?
This is the key question and the answer will determine whether that person will be a success or a failure. With many MLM (Multi-Level Marketing schemes) which involves direct selling, it is critical that you are a certain type of person. You must be a strong, forceful and confident seller. You must not take no for an answer. You need to have thick skin and determination. And a lot of friends and family! Finding that many friends and family to sell from can be the really tricky part. Finding them is one thing, but selling to them is another!
For example, what Forever Living ask you to do to create your network are the following things:
- make up a list people you can sell the opportunity to. Including friends and family
- host parties at your home and invite these people to sell not only products but the Forever Living business proposition
- walk the streets to canvas people to join the program
- you could give away free samples to encourage people to try
- find places that will take the company’s promotional material so that you can advertise there
So what is so special about Forever Living Aloe Vera Products?
Aloe Vera is claimed to have some special health benefits and has been used for hundreds of years in health beauty and wellness products. The claims are that it cleans your digestive system, and is great for your skin, in terms of renewal and ageing, and helps your immune system. Sounds like magic, it seems to do everything! Note to self, I must get some, but probably in its purest form is needed!
The video below gives you an insight into the product range and what you might have to do when you host a selling party and present these products to your friends and family. It makes me cringe a little! (beware its a long video, so you might want to scan through it)
- For a MLM program, Forever Living is definitely one of the better ones
- You don’t have to pay to join and there is no monthly membership charge, so there is nothing lost. You do have to buy the products though at 15% discount to get started.
- You can claim your money back if you want to leave the business, and the Forever Living business will buy back all of the products that you have purchased for the last 6 months
- The training you receive is pretty good to set up your business.
- The support for team members is also strong
- The biggest drawback for me is Direct Selling. I have been approached by friend selling these products before and it’s just so awkward. I couldn’t put my friends and family through that!
- The products themselves are not really that great. They are not bad, but they don’t command the premium that they ask for. You can buy Aloe Vera in its purest form very cheaply so it’s not worth the additional cost
- It’s hard work to make any money. I don’t believe this is a bad indicator of a business success but with any business you have to work hard if its worth having. But its about being relentless and tireless and banging the same drum which can be wearing.
- Relying on your friends and family for business has finite opportunities. What happens when you have pestered them all, where do you turn? Canvassing the streets it seems?
Forever Living has been a successful business for a lot of people and its definitely not a scam. But you have to be the right kind of person. It involves Push selling, which is seeking out customers and pushing the products on to them. For me, this isn’t comfortable. If you feel the same its worth considering a Pull marketing program where the customers are actively seeking your business and looking for something to buy and you just help them out, Sounds much better I think! This can be achieved in affiliate Marketing.
This Affiliate Marketing business allows you to build your business from scratch through hard work but without having to force yourself on anyone. You learn how to drive customers to your website and how to convert them to buyers. No awkward conversations and lost friendships! If you want to know what Affiliate Marketing it, have a look at this article
Any questions, please let me know below. I hope you have enjoyed the read!