Another home business based around direct selling? Yes indeed it is, but let’s find out a little more on What is Oriflame About. If you haven’t heard of it, it’s a Swedish based cosmetic company that distributes its products in 60 countries, so it’s no small fry. If you’ve found yourself here though, you are probably sick of reading about money making schemes online and are now considering Oriflame as a business opportunity, and perhaps you want to find out more and get an honest insight into the world of Oriflame.
So read on, it’s all in this Oriflame Review.
But if you want to get started with building your own online business right now, click here to find out more.
Company Name: Oriflame
Website Url: www.oriflame.com
Cost: $20 to $50 starter pack, then cost of purchasing products, and catalogues
My Rating: 3.8 out of 5
So what is Oriflame about? – the business outline
Oriflame is a classic MLM structured business, which is based around direct selling, creating your downline and earning commission through them. You can make money in two ways with this business:
- Selling the products
- Recruiting other people into your team for them to sell the products.
As you build your team, you earn commissions on the sales that your team make. It’s a simple formula. It’s a classic MLM struture which you will see in other similar companies such as Herbalife and Forever Living.
Have a look at this video which detals this commission stucture in just a few minutes. It’s worth watching if this business is something you are considering. Wow it’s cheesy and badly acted, worth a watch for that I think. And the addition of the ‘the voice’ red chair. nice.
So what’s different about Oriflame?
They focus solely on cosmetics, and I like this because it make your proposition streamlined.
A lot of MLM companies within the similar category, have a more diverse range including makeup, body cosmetics, wellness products, cleaning products, and sometimes pet products. For me that too many niches which are hard to put into one selling proposition. How can someone who makes pet products be convinving at makeup.. Do you see what I mean?
The Oriflame product range
The Oriflame product range covers a full selection of items from skincare, makeup, bath and body, hair, accessories, wellness and men. The products are strong, and particularly well know over Europe which gives more Europeans something on their own soil which they can sell. This is sometimes a concern if they are interested in working in an MLM for any of the more American based businesses such a Herbalife.
Who can work for Oriflame?
That’s simple. Anyone, sort of…. Although historically, the majority of their ‘sales consultants’ are female, just by the nature of the product itself and the fact that the company lends itself more to part time working. Something that is key with this business, as with any other MLM is that you do need to have a certain type of character. You need to be forceful and convincing, and let’s face it salesy. Let me go into this a little more here:
As this is direct selling, you need to be able to accept rejection face to face, and most importantly, you need to be prepared to invite your family and friends to join your business, relentlessly (or at least this has been my experience). This is where they start you off. If you are not comfortable holding parties and selling to others DIRECTLY, then I would look at other alternatives such as affiliate marketing, where customers seek you out rather than the other way around.
How to join Oriflame?
There are two ways to join:
- You can join via the consultant who has approached you in the first place
- You can find an Oriflame office near you to sign up to the program
Once you have agreed to join, there is no start up fee, but you will need to buy catalogues in order to use them to promote your business. In addition, if you want to sell the products you will have to buy a starter pack, depending on your requirements which contains some samples and promotional material from anywhere between $35 and $70.
Can you make money being an Oriflame Sales consultant?
Yes absolutely. But how hard will it be?
Expect any business that is worthwhile to require some hard work, especially at the beginning. Will you be able to make it a full time income? Maybe. Will you be a millionaire by the end of the year. Rather than saying unlikely, I would in fact say no. So if you are interested in this business, go in with realistic intentions. Traditionally in MLMs of this sort, its only those who were in it from the beginning that are the millionaires.
And bear in mind that 95% of people fail in MLM.
- If you are European or Asian this business is very prolific in these areas and as such you have a really strong support system which you might not get with some of the other more US based MLMs
- If you are in the US, maybe YOU can be the one to take it there?!
- You can work when you like, it’s your business to grow
- Its cheap to join
- The products are good quality and something you would probably like to sell
- Honestly, this business will never make you a fortune, unless you chuck it all in and throw everything at it. And still then there is no guarantee
- Direct selling, for me, is not something I would ever want to get into. Selling to friends and family is awkward and uncomfortable, and I would rather customers come to me seeking my business than the other way around. There are many other businesses out there where this is possible. This is my no1 recommendation
- In Europe, this market is becoming swamped with businesses of this kind, mostly run by women who are desperate to find something to fit into their lives and around their children. But don’t give up hope, have a look at this article, it might help
- Building a team isn’t easy. As I mentioned, throwing parties and searching around for more people you know is tough. Calling that friend you haven’t seen for years just to invite them to an opportunity… cringe!
- Many people make a small additional part time income with this business, but it often doesn’t amount to more than that.
- This isn’t such a home based business, there is a lot of socialising and networking required and going out to groups and holding parties to sell your products. Do you have the energy and enthusiasm for that?
Oriflame is a good upstanding product. It has a strong reputation, especially across Europe. This is really important as you need to be able to believe in the brand, in order to sell it.
BUT for me, its the direct selling that I just couldn’t stomach.
This is Push marketing where you are seeking out your customers to ‘push’ the product onto them, this can be a tough sell and you have to be pretty thick skinned. The chances of coming across someone that’s interested at that exact point in time and and ready to start a business are a lot lower than say in Pull marketing where a customer comes to you. Its not such a tough sell then.
If you are interested in a business that is more focussed on Pull marketing and working online which means you really are working from home, have a look at this.
Please feel free to ask me any questions below or just leave a comment. Thanks!