Let’s go for the simple answer to ‘What is the Keyword Academy?’ – it’s an affiliate marketing training program, designed to help you build an online business which makes sales through affiliate marketing.
If this still sounds like gobbledegook, then let’s have a look a bit deeper and see if I can clarify what this program offers a little more.
Company Name: The Keyword Academy
Website URL: www.thekeywordacademy.com
Cost: Free to start for 30 Days, then $33 a month
My Rating: 3.8 out of 5 stars
How does The Keyword Academy Work?
There is actually very little information out there about What is the Keyword Academy. There are so few reviews, and if you go to their homepage, you can’t really get an idea exactly what it involves. It tells you that you get all these offerings (below) for free which sounds great, but not how much it costs after that. Afterall, you don’t want to sign up, love it and then find out you have to pay $500 a month to carry on. Ok I’m exaggerating, but you know what I mean. I did eventually find out how much it cost and its $33 a month, but this does not include a website or hosting or access to the owners for personal guidance.
So back to my question, how does The Keyword Academy it work? You sign up for the first 30 days where you get the items below sent to your email to download, one by one over a period of time.
The aim of the items being sent one by one is so that you have time to digest them. You first get an 80 page ebook, then video training and a series of emails, each with training and tips. Although I signed up again under a different name and I never got the emails. It’s like no one is there anymore.
The key features of the The Keyword Academy program are:
- You receive instructions which give you detailed information on how to start your online business. This includes everything from how to set your sites up initially, how to write the best content, and how to drive traffic to those sites.
- The forum, which is a community where you can get help and answers, but also serves as just that, a community, which can be invaluable in the isolation of working from home and which people use to bounce ideas off as well.
- A function called Postrunner, which is essentially a way to get guest posts and backlinks for the site. You have to be a little careful about backlinks particularly because misuse of this can cause severe damage to your business. But you are given guidance on this.
- A weekly webinar to keep you up to date with the latest in the world of internet marketing
- This is Mark Court by the way, one of the owners, not just a random picture of a man.
Who could use the Keyword Academy Training?
This training is intended for anyone, from a novice to an expert internet marketer. It is aimed at everyone and everyone can benefit from it.
The key thing about the question, who is it for, is that it is only for people with determination and patience. You can make a successful business in this industry but you have to work hard and be prepared that this isn’t a get rich quick scheme.
Can you make money with the Keyword Academy?
The owners at Keyword Academy are very open about this and there is no disguising the numbers which I think is great. Here is an example of incomes declared out of nearly 900 people who responded to income related questions. This information is easy to obtain and is there on the homepage for everyone to see. I like this.
- 704 reported less than $100 per month in earnings
- 38 reported between $100 and $200 per month in earnings
- 20 reported between $200 and $300 per month in earnings
- 9 reported between $300 and $400 per month in earnings
- 27 reported between $500 and $1,000 per month in earnings
- 20 reported between $1,000 and $2,500 per month in earnings
- 12 reported between $2,500 and $5,000 per month in earnings
- 6 reported between $5,000 and $10,000 per month in earnings
- 1 reported more than $10,000 per month in earnings
So maybe it’s not as much as you would expect? Do you think you could be in the top small percentage?
- The owners are very open about the program and the ability to make money. You will not be scammed
- The forum is a fantastic idea with help and support along the way
- Weekly webinars are essential to keep people up to speed with any latest developments or key subject matter
- Its fairly inexpensive to join
- There is no hard upsell, so people join because they legitimately buy into it
- When you go onto the forum, its very basic looking, like a very early forum, but that doesn’t mean that its not good. But my feeling is, it’s like going to a dentist with bad teeth. How can you trust a dentist to fix your own teeth if they can’t sort out their own? Do you know what I mean?
- It looks very simplistic for an internet marketing business, their web presence isn’t very impactful, and if they aren’t impactful and difficult to find, how can they teach you to be the opposite? – They haven’t even updated their intro / sales page for 2 years!
- No where does it tell you what the cost is once your free 30 day trial is finished. No where. I spent ages trying to find out this price, and I don’t know why it’s so difficult as $33 a month is pretty reasonable. I had to join to find out!
- However, for that $33 a month you do not get hosting or a website included, you have to sort this out for yourself. If you are interested in affiliate training which DOES give you hosting and a website included try my no 1 recommendation
This is a great affiliate marketing training program, and is definitely not a scam. I like the way you are allowed to try it for 30 days first of all. That shows confidence in their product. However, a few words of caution. It’s quite a cheap monthly membership but you do’t get hosting or a website for that. And you have to work with the very basic web functionality system which I find a little dated. But that’s aesthetics. I just feel that it’s missing the professional edge. It’s missing the numbers of people who have joined, although this is not clear it seems to be only a few thousand. If I am going to put my money into a pot, I want it to be well established and well supported pot, with the history and the backing to prove it’s success.
It might be a good idea to take a look and see if the 30 day trial does it for you?
And if it doesn’t then have a look at my no 1 recommendation for affiliate marketing training, Wealthy Afiliate, which is a little bit more expensive at $47 a month but this includes everything from hosting and an unlimited websites and has been running really successfully for 10 years. See which one suits you best!
If you have any comments at all on this page, please just let me know below and I will get back to you asap.